Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It's "Mind Over Matter" for Team Wussperv



Team Wussperv this team is made up of myself, Nina aka Ninapolitan, Bethie aka EJ Santry & Emmy aka Pippapear. I'm sure you're wondering what the fuck is a wussperv right? A wussperv is someone that is...

A) Tragically canon
B) Loathes angst (in massive doses)
C) Loves smut



Mind Over Matter

SubtlePen

Set in the 6 week 'blank period' at the end of Eclipse/beginning of Breaking Dawn, between the newborn battle, and the wedding. Bella and Edward expand and deepen their physical relationship in preparation for their impending marriage. AU, CITRUS!



When I first started reading Twific, many of the stories I came across dealt with the time between the newborn battle and the wedding. Everyone was still speculating to what was coming in BD. I thought I had read it all, but was so pleasantly surprised to have fresh perspective on that time brought to me by SubtlePen. She is the first person who has written Edward's hang-ups in such a way, that Bella, and the reader really feel the gravity of what he is trying to control. It is made light of by Bella in canon, and I agree that Edward traditionally just comes off as being prudish. We all get that he can hurt her and he craves her, but I think even SMeyer didn't word craft it enough to explain the direness of the situation. Chapter 3 alone when Bella comes into her room after a run with her new toy from Alice, and the smell of her sex everywhere. We see Edward almost claw the room in his desperation to cling to his humanity. He chants to himself. He cowers. He begs for her distance. He screams for knowledge.

"You smell like sex, Bella. It's all over you. Right now I'm fighting a horrendous urge to murder you and rape your carcass."

If that doesn't set some red lights off in your head, I don't know what will.

SubtlePen also pours her gift of detail into Bella and Edward easing their way towards their wedding night. Delicious petting. The start of exploration with finger tips and mouths. But some of my favorite parts are the gentle moves before the extended pauses allowing Edward to find his comfort.

"Her hands reached up to my chest, where my dead heart should be crashing though. She caressed my belly, tracing the outline of the muscles there. She leaned up to kiss my navel, her collarbone pressed against the hardness she had wanted to see. She wrapped her arms wrapped around my legs, and pressed her cheek into my hip. The crook of her neck was still pressed against me. I could feel the pulse at her throat, through my groin. I gasped."

There are enough delicious moments in this story to leave you steaming for hours. I suggest reading with a cold compress handy...or vibe...or peen...

4.5 out of 5 hot springs


I first read Mind Over Matter, after I had put subtlepen on alert for some of her great one-shot competition entries. The premise in the synopsis intrigued me, so I clicked on the linky and found myself quite engrossed in this story of Bella & Edward trying to prepare for their honeymoon & consummating their marriage.

I really like that both Edward & Bella really go on a journey in this story. They both grow up a lot over the duration of this story, and grow into their relationship with one another. Edward in particular as he tries to balance his desire, blood-lust & control.

This story is most deffo WussPerv approved. There is no meddling Tanya, or Jake getting too close for comfort... Its just Bella & Edward counting down the days to their wedding, experimenting and playing with one another, whilst given advice by the Cullen family as to how best reach their preferred state.

So the lemon quota? Its high! LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of practicing and experimentation! Wooo-hoooo! :) Oh! AND a delicious outtake featuring how they cope with the challenge of Bella's time of the month, which I thought SubtlePen handled beautifully and hottly!!

This following quote shows both the love and the lust this story has, as Bella and Edward work their way up to the good stuff.

"You will be the death of me, you know that?

"What ever do you mean, Mr. Undead?"

"I've had a near constant erection for 3 days." His tongue snaked over my neck and jaw.

"You should see a doctor for that. Maybe you need some 'alone time.'"

He kissed me hard, moaning into my mouth. "Maybe I need to f…" His voice, barely a whisper, trailed off.

My heart was suddenly pounding. I'd only heard him use that word once before, and he was angry when he said it. "Maybe you need what?"

"Maybe we both need some alone time."

"That's not what you were about to say. You were about to say you needed to fu…" His mouth crashed onto mine again before I could finish the word. When he stopped kissing me long enough to catch my breath, I asked him again. "What were you about to say, Edward?" He kissed me again, along my neck and collarbone.

"It was selfish, and vulgar." He continued to kiss me, slower, and softer.

"You want to fuck me. Don't you, Edward?"

"Please don't, Bella. I hate that language."

"It's just a word, Edward. A very small and descriptive word."

"What is it with you and words? It's a hideous word. Vulgar. Disrespectful."

"And what if I were to tell you that's what I wanted, Edward, to fuck? Would that be vulgar?"

"Yes. No. It's different – I mean, I want to make love, Bella, with you, not 'to' you. The other – that's just, well, it's not right."

"What about it isn't right?"

"It implies that my needs would come first, that you are just an object to be used. It reduces you to an 'orifice.' I will never think of you that way."

"You could look at it that way. But it could also imply a certain level of 'vigor.'" He looked at me like I was from Mars. I kissed him and whispered against his lips, "What if I wanted to fuck you, Edward?"

"What are you talking about?"

I kissed him again. "If we want to touch each other a certain way, Edward, who decides if it's right or wrong? Us, or a hundred year old dictionary?"

"Us, of course. I just - that word…"

"Can you even say the word?"

"I don't think I can."

"Say it."

"Bella, no."

"Say it. Say fuck."

"Fuck. There. Are you happy?"

I kissed him again, and licked his lips and sucked the tip of his tongue into my mouth. I grabbed his waist with both hands and ground my hips into his. "Yeah. Say it again, like you mean it." I moved in all the ways I'd wanted to in the hot spring.

"Ahhh, Bella. Fuck, I need you." His voice was weak, breathy.

"What were you going to say before, Edward? What do you need?" I sucked his neck, my hands traveling over his chest, pinching his nipples through his shirt.

"I – oh Bella -"

I unfastened his belt, tugging at the button on his pants. I slid my hand in and wrapped my fingers around him. He groaned at the contact. I barely had a chance to feel the length of him before he'd flipped us over and buried his hand in my pants. I grunted when his fingers moved into my heat.

He whispered into my ear, "I need to fuck you, right here, right now. I want to fuck you. Ask me to fuck you."

My eyes rolled back into my head. "Yeah."

"Is this what you want Bella? For me to fuck you with my hand?"

"Ungh." He had two of his fingers curled inside me, and his thumb was merciless. I was already coming, hard and fast, and I couldn't speak. I took my hand out of his pants and wrapped my arms around his shoulders, pulling him against me as I came. I lay there, panting and speechless, for several minutes."

I love the little touch with the photograph albums too. All in all I just love this story!

4.5 photo albums out of 5 from me. xxx



I'll preface this by saying, I adore Subtlepen as a person but believe it or not, I never read Mind Over Matter until Emmy said, "You have to, you don't know what you're missing!" Well, of course, Emmy was right.

FUCK

Since Emmy went the route of giving you hot excerpts to whet your whistle. I'll give you by bumbling idiot reviews.

I started out normal enough

I'm finally getting around to reading this. I needed something like this today too. Pippapear(Emmy) told me I had to stop being a procrastinating silly bird and read it. I, of course, always listen to my Emmy. :) xo

Then a little more... verklempt

JFC. I shouldn't be reading this at work.

Then I pretty much just drooled on the keyboard

unf <-this may be the only review from now on. Just saying ;)

To where I ended...

Dear Queen Snatch a lot,

JFC

ILY

That is all.

Love,

me.

Oh and just because it's me...

ESME IS NOT A MILF!

In all sincerity, there are a ton of fics that tackle the lead up to the wedding, the testing of his boudaries, the limits yadda, yadda. There are only a handful that I remember specific parts and can pinpoint it to the originating fic.

This is one of them, it's one of SPs gifts. Great, steamy, dialogue laced with some of the most emotional scenes ever. This is true in all of her work but this one specifically is my favorite.

It seriously flew by when I was reading. So much so that I may have read it over again. I think I'm holding out hope that Liz will revisit these two someday... just thought I'd toss it out there. hehehehe

5/5 steamy photoalbums...


The three of us are exceptionally proud of our wussperv status and do our best to beg and plead with people to share with us their findings. So, if you've got a wussperv rec for us, send it to me at ninapolitan@pervpackssmutshack.com

2 comments:

Subtle said...

oh myholygawd, you guys.... i haven't got the words to tell you how much it means to have you rec Mind Over Matter!! It was a blast to write, and really propelled me forward in my long-dormant love for writing. knowing that you enjoyed it this much really feeds my soul. thank you!!

BR549 said...

You had me at 'fuck' LOL. Seriously that excerpt burned a hole through my monitor!!