Thursday, July 12, 2012

Lemon Report 12 July 2012



We’d like to dedicate this week’s post to Mad4Hugh. She was an enthusiastic reader, reviewer, and friend to many in the Twilight/Twific community. Our deepest sympathies go out to all her friends and family members.


Photobucket
The Lemon Report - Fancy finding out what is on the FF bookshelves of the Pervy Girls of the PPSS? The lemon report lets you know our personal favourite updates of the week, and why you should give the fic a try.... It’s a great place to trawl for new recc’s and don’t forget to share your favourite update with us by leaving us a comment. In some cases, the Lemon Report may contain spoilers. Please read with caution.
Acronym Guide AU - Alternate Universe AH - All Human WIP - Work in Progress O/S - One Shot OOC - Out of Character WP - Wussperv Slash/Femslash - Features homosexual characters and romance.

Twilight, AU, Complete, Edward/Bella

Corie - I have been on a completed classic fic kick this week and I have had this on my TBR list I think for as long as I’ve been reading twific. It’s just a great fun twist on twilight fanfiction. Bella, Edward and the gang are witches in this one and the amount of care put in the plot and characters makes this story so well done. I really had the best time with the lore and twists and relationship between Edward and Bella. 

Teal - It would be a shame if I missed the chance to hop in here and say how much I loved this fic. The story was unique and exciting, and overall, it was an unpredictable, great read. With tons of amazing UST. Guh. 

Emmy - This was a full recc on the pack back in the day. And I still love it. Its such a good story. So well written and inventive!

Twilight, AU, Complete, Leah/Nahuel

Corie - This is such a bittersweet rec for me since it will be my last time putting it on the Lemon Report because it finished this week. I adored this story I can’t say that enough before this story I was never a pack girl as I enjoy my Bella and Edward together. This was a whole new look for me and now Leah and Nahuel are a favorite pairing as well. The depth and love put in the characters is wonderful and the plot was exciting and really kept me engaged each and every chapter. If you want to try something new maybe something out of your box, I highly recommend this story. 

Jen - I haven’t gotten to read the epi yet but I can’t wait! And yet, I’ll miss getting new chapters. Fabulous story.

Twilight, AH, WIP, E/B

Teal - Gah! The cuteness of these two. I love every single word of this ficlet and its predecessor. I just can’t stop the giggle fest at them wanting to have fights just so they can have make up sex. Hehe!

Twilight, AH, Complete, E/B

Teal - Ohhhhh, I’m so sad this is over, but how sweet it all turned out to be! I’m amazed at Livie79’s ability to make such a hateable Edward and manage to transform him into one of the sweetest, sexiest characters I’ve read in a while. I’ll miss this fic, and it’s emotionally charged lemons!

Nico - I was so happy to see Edward never giving up, and Teal said it so well, the way he turned around was just so sexy! :) 

Corie - Oh I’m so sad to see this one go but I loved it so. It really is a classic and original story. Teal said it best.

Twilight, AU, E/B, WIP

Nico - There are so many reasons why I love this story and the last chapter was just delicious in so many ways that just adds on to that. I’ve never wanted to have my shower curtain shredded so much. :) 

Emmy - I love this story so much. Such a clever premise and such wonderful writing!!


Twilight, AH, E/B, WIP

Nico - If someone could promise me this Edward as my roommate I would reconsider the whole “never want to have a roomate ever again” statement. He’s mature, has a great career, knows what he likes and takes it. Whew that’s got me fanning myself just thinking about it. :)

by dryler
Twilight, AU, Edward/Bella, Complete

Corie - I have to say this is by far one of the most intense and best times I’ve had reading a fic in a LOOOOONG time. I can’t even put into words how fantastically sexy and well written this story is. The connection between Edward and Bella drew me in and the mystery and characterizations kept me reading. 

Emmy This is another former recc and again the quality is just superb. Such a sexy mystery, with such wonderfully taut storytelling.

by jandco
Twilight, AH, Complete, Edward/Bella

Corie - I was looking for a quick fun read the other day and stumbled across this story and fell in love. It’s quirky and funny but oh so heart breaking at the same time. I really loved it.

by SassyK
Twilight, AU, WIP, E/B

Jen - The Pervs recc’d this story a bit ago and things are hotter than ever. Edward gives in to something he’s denied himself for so very long. Unf!

Twilight, AH, WIP, E/B

Jen - This is such a sweet story, but damn, things just got spicy!

by bmango
Twilight, AH, Complete, Peter/Jasper

Jen - A very hot little four part fic, about Senator Peter and hot tattoo artist Jasper. Yum.

Merlin, Canon era AU, Magic, Armour!Kink! SLASH, MERTHUR,

Emmy - Anyone seen all those pics of gorgeously sweaty Bradley filming Season5? Well you need this fic then! Poor Merin has a kink for Arthur’s armour. Add sweat in to the mix and he’s completely lost. Fabby, smutty, yummy fic.

Merlin, Modern AU, Angst, SLASH, MERTHUR

Emmy - I love this fic. Arthur is completely and utterly straight. Never a question about his sexuality. Nope. Non. But then Merlin hits him like a freight train. And he doesn’t recover. He should be trying to cop off with the bird he pulled. But instead is drawn to Merlin.... Yummy but quite angsty at times. Perfectly done! Perfect!

Merlin, Canon-era, AU, SLASH, MERTHUR

Emmy - I do love a good wanking fic. Who doesn’t? Arthur is mesmerised watching Merlin’s nimble fingers and flexible hands all oiled up and put to work. So he has to put them to different work! This is a smutty but stil beautiful fic from the author of our fabulous last magical meanderings pick! YUM.

by Anon
Merlin, Magical AU, WIP, Girl!Merlin/Arthur

Jen - I continue to flail every single time this is in my inbox. The writing is gorgeous (it’s a historical fic) and the entire thing is simply magical. I adore this Merlin and Arthur. The sexy times are just perfectly written for them and for the era the story takes place in, and are hotter than hell.

Merlin, Modern AU, ANGST, Infidelity, SLASH, MERTHUR

Emmy - This is heartbreaky and real and so ruddy ruddy brilliant! I just love it! I hadn’t read it in a while, but it still gets me. Just so so good. Plus I love Merlin as an artist. It just works so well. 

Jen - Yes- Merlin as an artist is one of my faves! I love that both of them were really living lies, and neither would acknowledge it until push came to shove. Angsty and sexy.

Merlin, Canon-Era AU, Magic, Flangst, SLASH, MERTHUR

Emmy - Sapphirescribe recc’d this to me. She has set herself the task of finding me fics I haven’t read before! Its quite a challenge! Thankfully she gave me this gem, and although I FLOVE TourdeFierce I hadn’t read this delight. Its flangst of the highest degree. So sweet and tender at times with her classic edge at others. Beautiful. 

Jen - TourdeFierce is such a versatile writer- some of her fics make me crack up, while something like this one is just so tender and sweet. One thing they have in common: all are hot. Merlin’s relationship with young Wart is just so lovely. Arthur makes himself vulnerable and less of a clotpole, which is also fabulous to see. And when both Arthur and Merlin are honest about their deepest wishes, things get super sexy. Just a gorgeous story.

Merlin, AU, O/S, Merlin/Gwaine/Arthur

Jen - I loooove the set up of this ficlet. Gwaine checks Merlin out in the locker room and learns that he shaves his balls. Arthur is interested in this shared revelation. The boys work this knowledge to their advantage and everyone gets off. So hot. 

Emmy - If you like Gwaine in this ace fic then you should read our Gwaine Special.

1D, RPF, O/S, OT5

Jen - As you may have noticed, Harry & Louis are cheeky buggers. In this o/s, Louis & Harry proceed to drive Niall crazy with their dirty talk. It turns into a game, and the other lads are gradually drawn in. Smutty dirty times ensue. Bonus: Liam is unintentionally hilarious, and so dang earnest. Love.

1D, RPF, Zayn/Liam

Jen - Loved this! Liam has what is hopefully temporary amnesia. He doesn’t remember the last two years of his life- no X Factor, no One Direction, no tour. The boys all take such good care of him- they’re gentle and sweet, letting the memories come back to him and not overwhelming him with information. He starts feeling that there’s something different between Zayn and himself, but he’s cautious and doesn’t want to risk asking. It’s so wonderful when he gets his memories back, and he and Zayn have their own private celebration *wink-wink*

1D, RPF, O/S, Harry/OFC

Jen - So, I haven’t read any het 1D at all, but I read any and all stories the fabulous sadtomatoff writes. It was a little weird at first reading Harry flirting with a woman. But, BUT... you need to read it. It’s seriously hot, and I love her characterisation of Harry as well as the OC.

0 comments: