Monday, June 28, 2010

WinklesShoes gets lost in the "Darkness"







Darkness


13


cherry.blossomz




The “first time” – we’ve all had it, well, I hope we’ve all had it. If not, you’re probably in the wrong place, reading the wrong review, for the wrong kind of story. It’s a well versed scenario, and seems to be part of the staple diet of many fan fiction dieters. We’ve all read them at some point - some of us have even written them. Some are good, and some are, well, not so good. In the case of cherry.blossomz ‘Darkness’ – it’s fucking awesome.

I happened upon this little explosion of goodness when it was being recommended all over Twitter like a lemony rash. (Which, by the way, you can get a cream for).
Darkness revolves around Bella who is a university student who transfers to New York State during freshman year. The usually perfunctory school scene unfolds until she meets the brother of her only friend, one Edward Cullen; a musician and professional brooder. Somewhat of a lothario with a fairly clouded reputation, Edward is also hot headed and a little damaged. Add some tattoos, a guitar and a dash of angst, and you’ve got yourself one damn fine Edward right there.

And from the moment they meet, the sexual tension between these two is so palpable it almost jumps out of the screen and punches you in the lady bits.


“Edward reaches into his pocket and pulls out a Zippo. His thumb flicks, and it opens with a flame. I wrap my lips around my cigarette and place the tip in the flame, looking up at him. He looks from my eyes to my mouth and back to my eyes again. The flame is reflecting in his eyes and he still has that damn sexy smirk on his face.

I puff and pull away from his light… but not his gaze.”


And let me clue you in on a little something. Once these two start – Jeebuz! There is no stopping them.


“I press into him and he backs up against the brick wall. His lips leave my mouth and begin to kiss my neck. His hands tangle in my hair.

I take this opportunity to breathe, and drink in his delicious scent. He moves back to my mouth and his hand slides down to my ass, gripping it firmly.

I wrap one leg around his, craving more contact, wanting something to release the intense ache I am feeling between my legs. I can feel him getting harder as my body rubs against his.

Edward moans again and as I grind up against him and he kisses me harder. We break the kiss and my mouth moves to his neck.

I have never felt more aroused; and I have never been this forward. I want him so badly.

I start to feel a little dizzy.”


You’re feeling dizzy? I’m feeling dizzy!

But did I mention Edward has a girlfriend? No? Oh, he does.

So of course, in comes reality, stomping, hissing and throwing a bitch fit. But it doesn’t stop the pace of the story, and does nothing to quell the fire between Edward and Bella. Being that Edward is a passionate musician, there are a lot of musical references and cherry.blossomz has woven quite a few songs through the chapters, something that I personally love. In fact, I’m fairly sure she may have stolen my iPod.

But, I digress. After all is said and done, we come to the big night. The validation of the V Card. Of course, Bella has the moment that every girl experiences. The thing that all girls think about in those vital moments right before it happens.


He takes my hand, practically dragging me toward the house.

I'm shaking with nerves. He's so much more experienced than me, what if I'm not good at it…


But, never fear, dear reader. With Edward on the job, you know that won’t be the case.


I greedily take in his body, sinewy muscles contracting and flexing in anticipation of touching me.

He moves to the end of the bed, his gaze never leaving mine. He grabs the insteps of each of my feet; his touch in that sensitive spot makes me even wetter.

He grips my feet hard, pulling my body down the bed. He lifts one of my feet to his mouth, kissing and licking the sensitive skin.

His lips slide over my ankle bone, the inside of my calf, my knee, my fucking thigh…


Oh, did I tell you he has a little foot fetish? Oh, silly me. Well, he does.


With my leg up, the angle is deeper, and I feel my eyes water with how all-consuming he feels inside of me.

He rhythmically pushes into me, coming back to place his mouth on mine… moving his hands into my hair.

He slows his pace, looking into my eyes…"There's only you now Bella, you're the only one…"


Le sigh.

From here, it’s like a lemon-fest. A lemon shop. A lemon tree even – you get it, lots of smut. In fact, I made a comment about wet wipes in a review, so it may be best if you invest in some before continuing.

Anyway, I’m not going to sit here and give the whole story away, because that’s just silly, and because cherry.blossomz would probably hunt me down and maim me horribly.

Just kidding. Not really.

But I will give you this.

Wall Fuck.

Outside.

In a public place.

But that’s it! My lips are sealed.

As an avid reader and a sometimes writer, I know there are so many opinions about first time scenes, believe me, I’ve heard it all. But, in all honesty, not everyone wants to hear the truth all of the time. Not everyone likes to be assaulted with images of tearing flesh and bloody sheets. And sometimes, in the real world, that’s simply not how it happens anyway. And, um, hello? People, we read stories about Vampires! Enough said.

To finish my rant, for me, Darkness is a lovely mixture of romance, lust and smut with a touch of melancholy. The hot scenes make you hot, the happy parts make you happy, and in the end, the sad parts make you sad. But in the end, isn’t that what we want?

0 comments: