Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Maybe the Wusspervs are Amazed



Yeah it was lame but bite me...I tried. The second official Wussperv rec on the PPSS is the wonderful story, 'Maybe I'm Amazed' by

Team Wussperv this team is made up of myself, Nina aka Ninapolitan, Bri aka Antiaol & Emmy aka Pippapear. I'm sure you're wondering what the fuck is a wussperv right? A wussperv is someone that is...



A) Tragically canon
B) Loathes angst (in massive doses)
C) Loves smut

The three of us are exceptionally proud of our wussperv status and do our best to beg and plead with people to share with us their findings. So, if you've got a wussperv rec for us, send it to me at ninapolitan@pervpackssmutshack.com
__________________________________________________________________
Don't get us wrong there is drama but not wrist slicing, kick you in the uterus angst. Ick. They don't cheat, the story has great smut and they're relatively happy in their lives.

__________________________________________________________________

Title- "Maybe I'm Amazed" Author- AliceDances01
Summary-While working as baristas in high school, Cocky Edward and Snarky Bella become unexpectedly close friends. Now reunited at college, they struggle to find the courage to act on the intense, less-than-platonic feelings they've always had for each other. AH


Nina- I don't remember where/how I found this story but whatever the method I'm glad I did. It's different, not cliched, well written and AliceDances does a great job keeping me interested (which is no easy task).
It's not a fluffy story. Not by any means. The flashbacks, while I love them, do twist the heartstrings a bit. But, the story wouldn't be the same without them. They add so much depth to the characters and their histories that you suck up the necessary for plot drama and roll with it.


The story spans a few years and she really does an excellent job of demonstrating how they've grown up and have recognized their mistakes.

It's a slow road for the E/B loving, but I honestly thought it was necessary. Especially with the way that she utilized the flashbacks scenarios. They're first time isn't perfect but the buildup and base rounding is hot...two words.

Shower chapter.

4/5


Bri-This was definitely a refreshing story to read after getting inundated with the angst that has grown rampant through the fandom. I will say, much like Emmy, I was nervous through parts of the story thus far, but thankfully I was able to continue right on through the more dramatic chapters and come through on the other side unscathed.

The build of this fic is unique in that we get the flashbacks and gain so, so much information and knowledge from them...they're not there for filler, but they actually allow us to know the characters and their stories more thoroughly.
This is a fabulous fic for all the wusspervs out there. It has the drama to keep you interested, but not the angst to rip your heart out. Oh and the smut's pretty good, too. *wink*
I give it 4/5


Emmy-I was having a bad day & sent out a twitter SOS for something fluffy to make me feel good & smile - americnxidiot - answered my call & told me to read this fiction...I did immediately & I DID immediately feel better...
Now. There were a couple of hairy moments when I had a wee toot thinking that this was about to not be wussperv safe, but thankfully we were swiftly steered back into calmer (wussperv safe) waters....


I think the 3 original Wussperv's have all said how much we LOVED the flashbacks. To me they really made the story. I LOVED reading about their past friendship and interactions. I loved reading about their mistakes and how well & inside out they knew one another back in the day. I loved reading all about it - as it has so clearly left such a permanent impression on who they are today....
The other thing I love about this story is how Edward is NOT mr perfect! Shock horror I know! Not Mr Angel Balls? Not Mr Diamond Peen? No indeed not. He's human, stupid & scared... or he certainly was.. His age, immaturity & STUPIDITY costing both him & Bella a shed-load of happiness... I love how the author tackles the trace this has left on both Bella & Edward today.. With Bella in particular struggling to get over her fears & anxieties..

So sexy sexy times? Yum... I love their loving exploration... I think the author is very good at bringing their emotions into and through their loving/sexing. For the most part it makes for very sexy scenes but I was also very moved by a scene where Bella does more (without being pushed in ANY way by Edward) due to her fears about being able to keep him, not believing at that point in his desperate and intense feelings for her. Very well done & showcases the brilliant writing. I really like this story.

4.5 frilly knickers out of 5

0 comments: