Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ask Naughty Nurse Kimpy 6/28/12




Photobucket

Ask Naughty Nurse Kimpy is an advice column that addresses reader’s most burning questions on sexual health/relationships. STIs, birth control, is it real or is it fic, sexual positions--you name it. There are no stupid questions, only ones that are too embarrassing to asks someone you know. If Naughty Nurse Kimpy doesn’t know the answer, she’ll find an expert who does!


DISCLAIMER:
The information and advice from Ask Naughty Nurse Kimpy is for entertainment/educational purposes only and is not intended to be used as expert medical advice. It is not meant to replace the advice of your physician. All medical advice and information should be considered to be incomplete without a physical exam, which is not possible without a visit to your doctor.


Hello dear readers, Naughty Nurse Kimpy has returned safe and sound from her vacation to Scandinavia, where she had a lovely vacation with her fam. There are oodles of questions for her to catch up on, and she promises to do her best to cover them all eventually. She also thanks her fellow Pervs for holding down the ANNK front while she was away.

When she was in Oslo (with her own personal Twifandom Norwegian friend/guide Marie), Nurse Kimpy found a Hard Rock Cafe Naughty Nurse pin, which naturally, she had to purchase. She recently learned that the Hard Rock Cafe has an ENTIRE SERIES of naughty nurse pins. Clearly, the word has gotten out that naughty nurses rule. *giggles*

As usual, she got some really helpful reader comments/feedback while she was away that she wants to share with you:

RE: Depo and periods. I was successfully on Depo for 4 years and then I started having similar bleeding problems. Towards the end of the fourth year I would have breakthrough bleeding almost all the time. I wouldn't call them periods because they were more like spotting. Then I would get constant bleeding. I finally stopped taking the Depo, my doctor ran tests, ultrasounds, blood work, did several pelvic exams and could not come up with a reason for the bleeding. I finally stopped the Depo in August 2010. My gyno told me to wait until I got a regular period and we would put in Mirena [a hormone-infused IUD]. I didn't get a period until October 2010 and had the Mirena inserted. Mirena uses the same hormone as Depo but at a significantly lesser dosage. I haven't had a period since insertion, no bleeding, or breakthrough bleeding, no spotting and feel great!

That’s great news, and certainly helpful for those women experiencing similar problems when they use Depo. Thanks for sharing.

Hi NNN, This isn't a question, but more of a PSA for any virgin vibrator users out there.

At 19, I am a little embarrassed about still being a virgin, especially because my friends are out there having regular sex. More difficult was the fact that I have a RAGING sex drive, fuelled in part by fanfic! But, my hand and/or the showerhead wasn't enough, so I bought a Rabbit (aqua version). The first time I used it, I'll admit that it hurt a bit, and it came with a bit of shame of losing my (physical) virginity to a toy.


But, since then, I cannot tell you how therapeutic and beneficial it has been. I have got to know my body SO much better, and my sex drive has only grown! As a woman, I feel empowered and so sexy. My friends have noticed the difference in my behaviour! Masturbation helps PMS symptoms, and always improves my mood and relaxes me. The difference with the Rabbit, (as opposed to my hand) is that I can sit back and relax much more, and the pleasure has been much stronger (although I haven't orgasmed yet).


It may seem scary, and even silly, buying a vibrator when you haven't had sex. But, I can only tell you that, for me, it has changed the way I approach my sexuality. And now, when the time to lose my virginity comes, I won't be nervous about the physical discomfort - I saw taking my own (PHYSICAL ONLY) virginity as a gift to myself - I can devote the experience to pleasure, my own and his. I won't have to worry about the pain, just the connection, and will therefore be more relaxed and it'll be more fun for the both of us!


I know it seems scary - and it is at first - but it was really worth it. Love you all.

*Nurse Kimpy wipes a tear of happiness from her eye* Sexual empowerment, regardless of how it is gained, is a wonderful thing. Thank you so much for taking such a personal moment and turning it into something positive that other people can benefit from. Orgasms are win, and you can’t have enough of them. At least in NNK’s opinion.

Hi Nurse Kimpy! I think I am allergic to my new (first) vibrator! Is that even possible??? Every time I use it, I get an infection (discharge and itching for a couple days that goes away without treatment) When I got it, I also got some toy cleaning solution. At first I thought that might be the problem, so instead I use regular soft soap and rinse really really well. Has not helped at all. I've even tried to use it immediately after showering because I thought I might be inserting bacteria from outside inside if you get what I mean. I'm not allergic to latex (not on my hands anyway, I'm in a stable couple and haven't used condoms in ten years). Are there vibrators that are hypo-allergenic? Or are there any tricks you can give me? Thank you!

Oh, good question. Vaginal tissue can be very sensitive, as you’ve learned. Some women are more sensitive than others. There are definitely toys that are made from substances like “jelly” that can be irritating to vaginal tissues, even if they don’t contain latex. While many women can use condoms over the jelly vibrators to reduce the sensitivity, some women find that they’re also sensitive to the latex condoms, too. Due to your sensitivities, Nurse Kimpy encourages you to stay away from vibrators or toys made from jelly, rubber, or latex.

There are a few options that Nurse Kimpy suggests you try. You can look for toys manufactured from medical grade silicone. Those tend to be much more gentle on your sensitive tissues, but they also tend to be more expensive. A good example of medical grade silicone vibrators are either the Lelo or Leaf lines. Some websites that feature these types of vibrators are the Safe Sex Store, Holistic Wisdom and Adam and Eve. Yes, these vibrators are expensive, but they’re also incredibly well made an work like a charm.

Another option that is a wonderful solution are glass dildoes; Adam and Eve has an extensive collection of these babies. While they aren’t vibrators, they’re really great toys and won’t cause any irritation to your skin. The other wonderful thing about the glass dildoes? They can be easily sterilized by running them through your dishwasher or in a pan of boiling water. This virtually ensures you won’t be dealing with any nasty microbes that might be left after you, uh, play. *wink*

Here are some informative videos on two types of hypoallergenic vibrators the Vanity 11 and the CRAVE Duet.


Dear NNK - I'm new to the blog, and I've been reading back for a little while now. You're always super supportive of pretty much every sexual act, but I have to say, I found something you said.. I don't know, awkward?


In Threesomes 101 you say (I quote): ʺSweet Baby Jesus DO NOT participate in a Threesome for your first time!”


...I don't know if you mean that as a ʺWHOA, YOU COULD GET HURT,ʺ or something? But I lost my virginity in a threesome, and while it wasn't exactly perfect, I don't regret it. I just.. kind of want you to clarify why having a threesome for your first time is a bad thing?


Nurse Kimpy wasn’t the person who wrote the Threesomes 101 post, but she did visit with the author, Einfach_Mich. Here’s what my fellow perv had to say about your question:

While this reader was obviously emotionally mature enough for that kind of sexual experience, most people who have sex for the first time (even if it's only with one partner) aren't really ready for it. Sex is a big deal (emotionally speaking) for many people, no matter how many partners are involved in the sex act. The statement is meant to warn away virgins who might already be a little hesitant about having a threesome for their first time.

The fact that you were able to lose your virginity in a three way and it was a positive, pleasurable experience is so fortunate--you go, girl. As long as sex is safe, consensual, and fun, Nurse Kimpy is all over it. Many women in your shoes might not have had a similarly pleasurable experience due to nerves and anxiety. There are already so many issues in losing your virginity that adding the element of more than one sexual partner can make losing it rather complicated.

For most people, Nurse Kimpy suggests that they approach losing their virginity with one partner. If they’re able to handle more than one, following the NNK tenet of safe, consensual and fun? Go for it.


Do you have a question for Naughty Nurse Kimpy? Click the banner below, fill out the form, and get your answer in the next installment of Ask Naughty Nurse Kimpy.

Photobucket

0 comments: