Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Wusspervs want One Weekend with 22Blue



Team Wussperv this team is made up of myself, Nina aka Ninapolitan, Bri aka Antiaol & Emmy aka Pippapear. I'm sure you're wondering what the fuck is a wussperv right? A wussperv is someone that is...

A) Tragically canon
B) Loathes angst (in massive doses)
C) Loves smut


Make fun all you want, I don't give a fuck. We're sissy bitches and we're just fine with it.




One Weekend & Hints of Me


22Blue

Bella rents a lake house for the weekend and when she sees the man who lives in the house across from hers, fun things happen. / Bella and Edward have decided that one weekend wasn't enough for them, but certain rules apply. Rated M for multiple lemons and language. AH




I'm in love. That's right, I'm completely smitten with this story.

The one-shot "One Weekend" that 22blue wrote was hot and steamy and definitely got my attention.


Normally, fics in which Bella and Edward get down and dirty almost immediately usually turn me off because I find them unrealistic. That didn't happen with this fic. At all. While the sexy times do come on almost immediately, I found that it just worked with this storyline. Nothing felt off or forced, instead it all sort of felt like it was supposed to happen that way.

In the original o/s, you get a sense of something underneath it all - a thread of something not-quite-right woven throughout, but we don't really get a glimpse into it until we move on to the full fic she created off of the one shot. In Hints of Me, we get to explore the relationship between B&E more, and we also get peeks into their lives and what's going on. HoM has plenty of sex (and hot sex at that), but I need more than that to keep me interested. 22blue has sprinkled little mysteries throughout the fic to keep me anxiously awaiting her updates, and the storyline is unique and intriguing.


While the full fic has promises of some angst in the future, the author assured me that it wouldn't be too heartfail-ey for a wussperv. So, hurry and go read this fabulous piece!


Jesus!! How the fuck did it take me so long to fucking find/read this story....??????Thank you Nina - for rectifying that & suggesting this steamy, horny, intriguing, lovely gem!


This story is chock-a-block with randy goodness! More packed with lemons than a lemon tart!!! From their initial meeting and sexy swimming teasing I was in both love and lust with this story! Their instant sexual fusing and chemistry, and their glue like bond and need for one another is believable and makes for an intensely pleasing read. But this story is so much more than that too.


This story is intriguing, as both Bella and Edward are keeping their cards so closely to their chests. Not revealing just how deeply they care for one another (or are they?), or anything about their lives. Bella's holding back on Edward - and there is a lot of contradiction to Edward's communication to Bella. This contradiction between things unsaid, and his actions in incongruent and adds mystery and confusion to their relationship - in a convincing way. His sincerity for Bella runs deep and true yet there is so much he is not saying.. I am DYING to find out more. Who is Alice? What is he hiding from Bella? He seems to know so much about her life by the last chapter - yet she is still in the dark...


So if you are a fellow WussPerv you must be wondering how this fares on our criteria.Pervy? CHECK! This story is DRIPPING with lemons!Pussy safe? CHECK! No cheating blokes or birds on the horizon! Tanya is not sleeping with Edward - she is a brilliantly conceived supporting character instead! And Jake is safely in the past and not in Bella's bed :::shudder:::: Read away my fellow WussPerv's safe in the fact that there is mystery, and tension without it being a love triange, make your heart bleed kind of stuff! READ IT NOW!

Oh & not wussperv's? READ IT TOO! It fuck good & fuck-hot! Thanks! Emmy. xxx

I was fic diving the lazy bitch way. Basically, I went through my alerts and clicked on the authors and then went through their alerts. "One Weekend" was linked somewhere (I'm sorry I don't remember who to thank). Anyway, the summary intrigued me and it was a one-shot so I figured hey why not.


I couldn't be happier with my decision to just click.


The one-shot was perfect on it's own. A plausible story and hot smut. Win/Win. I found myself frustrated though at the end of it. I wanted more. Low and fucking behold. She continued it!


Hints of Me picks up at the end of OW and she does it in a way that is honestly seamless. They've got realistic hurdles to overcome and it's not an easy road (it's also not a kick in the face either;) They meet up as often as they can but with the understanding that they'll each live their own lives in the meantime. You'd think it meant 'see other people' but (thankfully) it doesn't.


The smut.


Wow. It's plentiful but not in a 'jfc they're boning again?' sort of way. It fits and it is done so that they're expressing so much through the lemons it's pushing the story along. While they may be trying to fool themselves in thinking that it's just for sex. We see the big picture and it all comes to a head in Chapter 8.


Read it, wussperv or not I honestly think you'll enjoy it. It's interesting and smart and I am craving an update.


Oh, one more thing. She does a great job of using the Rob pics as backdrops for the story i.e., the cableknit sweater, lobster and corn pics unf. The green Porsche etc. Well done.


Honorary Perv Kimpy0464

Since I’m just an Honorary Perv this month, I feel compelled to try on smut of all different varieties while I’m here. I would never typically classify myself as a Wussperv, but when I read Team Wussperv’s definition, it all made sense. I am tragically canon, and I do love my smut. While I can probably handle a little more angst that Team Wussperv, I was more than game to join in their little threesome, so to speak.

“One Weekend” was a lovely little ditty that pulled me out of some RL funk, just what I needed today. I love a Bella who is sporting some of Alanis Morrisette’s “You Oughta Know” attitude. I especially love this attitude when it is directed at Mike Asshat Newton, who was Bella’s skeevy boss. After he fires her for saying an adamant “no” to his offer of giving him a blow job, her revenge is to rent a kickass house in his name for an entire weekend, on him. Nice. Especially when it includes a bottled of chilled Cristal.

I’m with Nina in that I don’t necessarily like it when characters hump like bunnies within two seconds of knowing each other, but this story is different. It’s more like Bella is conducting a personal cleanse, and adopts a “devil-may-care” attitude. What follows is a voyeuristic routine with a hot and hung dude across the lake. She ogles him with binoculars, and gets caught making the “O” face while watching him.

As strangers, they connect, give out first names, and have a smoking hot rendezvous where Edward cooks, then feeds, Bella her dinner. Naturally, this leads to a hot tryst upstairs. When Edward is nowhere to be found the following morning, Bella is content to be happy with calling this an incredible one-night stand.

But, wait, there’s more! Edward does appear at her doorstep that morning, complete with fuckhot kisses and his phone number. Apparently, Bella never ate the homemade chocolate sauce and pear dessert Edward made for her, so when she calls him on her way back home, he coerces her to turn her car around and return for some ahem dessert.

The rest of the story is sprinkled with fun and lemony goodness, with plenty of mystery to keep me engaged. I’m not a huge fan of love triangles per se, and this has none of that. It’s like a serving of tiramisu—a little pick me up right when you need one. Go on, tiramisu it! You won’t be sorry you did.



The three of us are exceptionally proud of our wussperv status and do our best to beg and plead with people to share with us their findings. So, if you've got a wussperv rec for us, send it to me at ninapolitan@pervpackssmutshack.com

1 comments:

22blue said...

Ladies,
You own me.