Friday, November 27, 2009

The Perv Pack Gives Thanks

We're doing something a little bit different. There's no Roundtable Recommendation this week. Instead below you'll find what we're thankful for in the spirit of Thanksgiving.

We wish you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving.

~I'm writing this in the wake of the awesomeness that was The Fandom Gives Back, so forgive me if I'm a little overly fucking sappy.

~I am thankful for a community where I have an outlet to express my creativity, and my perviness alike.

~I am thankful for friendships made through a common bond, many that have spread and grown to encase real life...many of whom I consider some of my best friends.

~I am thankful for my fellow Perv Pack ladies, who have been there with me from the very beginning of this madness. Who I know would stand behind me no matter what. Who have shared ups and downs - both fandom and RL related - and who have been there with shoulders to cry on, hands to hold, advice to give and laughs to be shared.

~I am thankful for the strong women that make up this fandom, for those that fight for those we love, who stand by them in times of pain and hurtfulness and allow them to still feel loved.

~I am even thankful for the not-so-strong women who find their strength in bashing others because of their insecurities. For without them, I wouldn't have known how amazing we can be when we band together in the face of hate.

~I am thankful for my husband, who loves and supports me with my obsession even when that means that some nights we don't go to bed until one in the morning, or we might have left overs three times in a week.

~I am thankful for my kids who love mommy anyway, despite all the shit that goes on in this silly little computer screen.

~I am thankful for the writers and the betas who do this for free just to allow us an escape from real life.

~I am thankful for the readers and the reviewers - most of whom make this all worth doing.

~And lastly, I am thankful for all the people - readers, reviewers, betas, bloggers, podcast people, tweeters, and artists - that helped to raise money for a cause that could very well touch all of us at some point in our lives.


Bare (Bear?!) with me folks, I am a brit and being thankful doesn't come that easy to us... ;)

~I have to give my thanks first of all to my dear S, who first showed me that FF existed (for another fandom a loooooong time ago). I am then thankful that I became obsessed with the love stories that resound and permeate the Twilight Saga... both of those led me to the world of Twilight FanFic.

~I am thankful for every good story I encounter and read, thankful too for every story that isn't so good, because that author is still braver and better than me as they tried. I am thankful for every review reply I have ever got. & the banter I started building up with some special birds. . .

~I am so very very thankful that authors kept talking about their threads on twilighted. Gemmabobella, in particular whose Lost & Found I was so very obsessed with - was the carrot that tempted me over to the fabulous boards that I have been neglectful of. To making dear friends with my petal, button, treacle and the rest. My crazy/randy ways on said boards led me to my ff home. - The gorgeous, sexy, crazy and most deffo cool birds (past & present) of The Perv Pack.

~I am thankful for the honest, sage and sound advice those birds dish out on an almost daily basis - whether it be git, sex, food, clothes or twilight related - they are the business. I am thankful for what the PPSS has introduced me to. Amazing stories and even more amazing people.

~I am thankful for every tweet that makes me laugh, cry, learn or find comfort. (often all in the same 140 characters or less). I am very thankful for AnaG, for becoming a friend and a sweetie. Whose stories are a joy to work on. I am thankful for my Bonny, and how I found her through the pack and the fun we have - my sexy twin! LOL.

~I am amazed and delighted that differences in the fandom were overcome and the hardwork of Ninapolitan, tby789 & LolaShoes paid off to such a huge reward of over 83 fucking K! WOWSER!

~I am thankful for being allowed to be in the pack - I do sometimes pinch myself and think er why me?

~Yeah & I am thankful as fuck for this hot piece of FIT bloke:

~I am thankful for my darling B, all she has ever done for me, I know I would not be where I am today without her. & I am thankful that she is hanging in there and trying her best to change her harmful ways and all the things causing her pain.

~I am thankful that Rapunzel found her prince(git) and that his daughter is the sweetest most darling girl who has welcomed me into their life. I am thankful we have thus far survived the pressures others and ourselves impose. That one instance is enough, and enough to cling to, when it threatens to overwhelm. I am thankful for all my dear friends. They bring me blessings everyday. I am also thankful for my family, jeezo - we've had some rough spots, but we are still a family & have forgiven each other to let the love stay true. Oooh! I am most deffo thankful for them bloody casting Rob bloody Pattinson in Twilight. :) Cheers me dears! :) & here is Mr Flourish himself - Don't you dare try and tell me those fingers weren't made to flourish a woman's body...! - courtesy of the magic skills of KiyaRaven:


God, I don't know where to even begin. I'm thankful for so much. My heart is overflowing with it. Gratitude, thanks and blessings to all.

~I'm thankful for my amazing husband for doesn't quite understand it, but accepts it nonetheless. Who lets me ramble and rant and gush and simply nods his head and listens. Who doesn't complain about how much time I spend in front of the computer or how the house might not be spotless or how sometimes he has to make dinner because I'm in the middle of something fandom related and simply can't pull myself away.

~I'm thankful for my family, because hey they're the ones that have to deal with me on a daily basis.

~I'm thankful for all of you; the readers who comes here week after week to read us gush and curse and perv out and ramble on and on. You're the reason why we do this week after week.

~I'm thankful for my fellow PP members, it's been a helluva ride this past year. Our numbers may have dwindled and grown, but we're still kicking. And that in itself astounds me. But beyond that I know I can count on you when I need it and that you can count on me in return. We stick together and that's what matters. Viva la Smut!

~I'm thankful that I've found a such a large and diverse group of ladies that simply fucking "get it". I don't have to explain it, because you already understand. You're just like me. You get the obsession, the devotion, the fervor, the why's of it, all of it, of this the Twilight Fandom.

~I'm thankful for all of us coming together to raise over $86,000 for The Fandom Gives Back and Alex's Lemonade Stand. That is phenomenal and awes me.

~I'm thankful that I get to be apart of all this craziness.

~I'm thankful for those of you that I've become personally close to. I count you as some of my best friends. I'm grateful for everyday that you listen, share, laugh, cry, support and continue to put up with me. I honestly couldn't navigate the rocky waters without you. You're my rock.

~I'm thankful for this guy--> I mean, come on look at him.

~I'm thankful for the haters. You keep on hating, it only makes me want to keep on doing what I do, only bigger and better.

~I'm thankful for the lulz. Sometimes they're the only thing that gets me through the day.

~I'm thankful for all of those that proved the lulz.

~I'm thankful for the experience that was Comic-Con, even if I missed the New Moon panel. It was a blast, I got to meet and get to know so many people. Not a day goes by that I don't think about it. I miss you all so very much, dontcha know.

~I'm thankful that I get to enjoy and discover the amazing talent and writing out there. I'm astounded and amazed everyday at the writing, ideas, characters & stories that I simply can't get enough of. Thank you for putting yourselves out there, for taking time away from "real life" to share it with all of us. Thank you for entertaining, provoking thought and evoking emotions.

~I'm thankful for all of those that take the time to review, comment or message me. You're words and thoughts mean more than I can ever express. You motivate me to keep on writing. Thank you for letting me share.


~I am thankful for so much this year.

~I am thankful for you, taking the time to read our sappy post. Of course there will be dirty; it wouldn't be the PervPack if there wasn't.

~I am ever-so-thankful for my Sisters in Smut, the ladies of the Perv Pack. Each one of you has impacted my life in a positive way, and for that there are no words.

~I am thankful that I have been given a chance to be a part of this community full of loud, outspoken broads, and the more shy, tame, ladies. There is a place for everyone, and enough love to go around amongst us all.

~I am thankful that I have a family by choice; that's what I think of all of you (the ladies of the Perv Pack, the readers, my fellow authors, the insane people who tweet with me, etc.) as – my family.

~I'm really fucking thankful that I have some eye candy to lust over, because let's face it, sometimes you just need something nice to look at (none of those links are safe for work – it's me, you should know that by now).

~Finally, I am thankful that I have a platform to share my writing – something I had been so afraid to do until recently. I am thankful for the positive and negative reviews, for the critical feedback that helps me to improve, and for the lives I've touched in my writing. I'm thankful that I have a group of people who accept me as I am, and offer a little piece of themselves back, in the form of their own stories and reviews. Thank you for that.


~I'm thankful for the fandom coming together to raise over $80 large for Alex's Lemonade Stand. EIGHTY THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS, is just amazing.

~I'm thankful that nearly two years ago, my students said, 'Hey, let's write Twilight fanfiction' and I agreed after their success with Harry Potter.

~I'm thankful none of them found me yet.

~I'm thankful that the people that befriended me in this crazy online world, you know who you are and I still consider you some of my best friends.

~I'm thankful to everyone that was/is a member of the PPSS and that made it what it is today. Yes, we've lost and gained but I still think of them all as our friends. It's a sisterhood, as cheesy as that sounds. We're so tight I'm pretty sure our monthly bills are all due at the same time.

~I'm thankful for this:

and really thankful for this


~I'm thankful for my girls on Twigasm, Moi my sweet, PQ my ficwife, Alice my Taco.

~I'm thankful that this crazy journey through ficdom has afforded me opportunities such as going to Comic Con, Twicon and meeting some of the amazing women that participate in the fandom.

~I'm thankful for the women who write, whether it's published in the mainstream world or in the domain of FF. Express yourselves and own it. Be proud of what you can accomplish with your words.


~I am thankful first and most for my family. My wonderful husband who puts up with so much from me. Especially in regards to this fandom. But he loves me and supports me through it all. For my beautiful, wonderful children, who though they sometimes drive me crazy, I love them dearly and they mean so much to me.

~I’m quite thankful for my PP family, for these girls truly are family. The support and friendship invaluable. I can count on them through everything and each one has taught me a thing or ten. I love you girls.

~I’m amazed and thankful for the fandom and the Fandom Gives Back. Raising over $86000 in a week has blown me away. It’s incredible to be a part of something so wonderful.

~I’m thankful for the authors who share their stories that transport me to different worlds. They keep me entertained, they make me happy, they make me cry, and sometimes even make me think. Thank you, authors.

~I’m so very thankful for the wonderful friends I’ve made in the fandom. Women who know the real me and don’t run screaming the other direction. Women who unconditionally offer a shoulder or their support or their cheers.

~I’m grateful that I’ve had the opportunity to meet so many of the women I’ve counted as friends. Not only met them, but found them to be just as sweet and wonderful in person as they are in their online personas.

~I’m thankful to have acquired a hobby that allows me to express my creative side, through my writing. I’m extremely thankful that my readers have not deserted me when I was on a much too long writer’s block break. And I am thankful for the reviewers who always bring a smile to my face.


~I am first and foremost thankful for my family: my loving, patient, and understanding husband (especially when Twilight bsns takes over my life...), and my beautiful, healthy, sweet-as-can-be-yet-still-fiesty daughter. Without them I would be a shell of myself. That's not an exageration. That's truth. I love them body and soul (and am completely sappy about it).

~Second, I'm thankful for the PP girls, past and present. What started out as fun chatting and bullshitting around has grown into something much bigger than I had ever anticipated. Remember the smut bus? *sigh* Good times. I have formed great friendships all because of the women that have been a part of this group. They pull me out of my emo funk, supply me with nice goodies, beta my shitty shit, and give me an outlet when I'm stuck living somewhere I'd rather not be. They are my listening ear, my support, and most importantly my friends. No words for the beautiful women of the PP.

~I'm thankful for all the other friends I have made as a result of the fandom. Whether from reviews, exchanging pms, or bombarding randoms with my nosy questions (you know who you are), my life is so much more fun with you all.

~I'm thankful for all the writers here in the fandom who supply me with a means of escape when I'm dying to get away from RL drama. Their creativity knows no bounds. You people should get paid for all the hard work and time you put into your stories.

~I'm thankful for readers who stick with me despite month long waits between updates. Readers who support not just my nonsense, but all the fandom's. Which leads me to...

~I'm thankful for all who donated to help support such an important cause. Thankful for Nina, Lola, and Christina for getting FGB together. They are amazing ladies and deserve all the good things this life has to offer.

~I'm thankful for life. As so many suffer in health and poverty, I am warm and well taken care of. So many are less fortunate than I, how can I be selfish and not express this gratitude?

~I'm thankful for the time I had to spend with the one person I miss the most at holidays. I miss him every day but hope that after all is said and done, when this life is over, I will get to see him again.

~I need to lighten this up some...

~I'm thankful for ellipses...without them...my stories would seem...void.

~I'm thankful for Kleenex, because I'm sobbing and am in need. Fuck.

~I'm thankful for stretchy pants as I have/had TWO turkey dinners to attend. Both of which I had no part of in the cooking. Gobble Gobble indeed.

~I'm thankful for: good books, good music, good movies, etc, etc.

~Fuck, on a second read through of this, I'm also thankful for kathy and her devotion to the smut. Good God. Rawr.

~And now I'll shut up, and just be thankful if you managed to read all my ramblings :)

1 comments:

JoVersify said...

TEARS!!!

I love you sexy h00rs like no other!

This was such a wonderful post... and GO FANDOM!!! 83K W00T! Nina... heh, yeah... there's no fucking words, girl.

I am thankful for the time I got to share on this crazy, delicious blog with you fantasmic ladies, and for the love, support, and friendship you've all given me this past year.

I wanted to add too, I'm thankful for my mother, being a strong STRONG, inspirational woman who has beat her cancer like the bitch that it was. All of your support during that time helped like none of you will ever know.

Love, love, and MORE LOVE!
JO